Monday, November 22, 2010

The Scooby Doo Cake - Part 4: The finished work!





"ZOINKS, like Happy B-Day SHAGGY!"

The finished product! The ultimate MYSTERY MACHINE birthday cake for a 23 year old SCOOBY-DOO fan! And get this... the birthday boy's name is SHAGGY too! This was my first cake made as a free agent, working from home and for myself! It took some serious prep but now my kitchen is set up and it was an excellent first challenge. Now I know what I can offer and make from home! I was very happy with how it turned out. What was really important to me was that I wanted to avoid the typical issues you see with car cakes... it was very handy having my boyfriend Tim help with the planning of the project. Since he is an engineer, he designed and built the chassis and he also helped get the scaling and sizing correct! Important details when trying to make the best replica cake you can, FROM CAKE and SUGAR!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment